(Hoping to become) A network of people interested in the documentation, emulation, simulation and re-implementation of hardware near extinction.
The purpose of this organization is the preservation of platforms that have been designed or used for gaming and other artistic
endeavors. Think of it as an attempt to tackle the hardware side of abandon ware.
The primary goals are
- Collection, integration/unification and publication of previously hardware documentation in a standardized format as well as further improvement of such material via reverse engineering and testing
- Publication of "proof" of said documentation in the form of tests that clearly replicate the documented behavior, in a standardized format designed for easy 3rd party replication of results
- Development of validation suites designed for validation of software and hardware implementations based on available tests featuring multiple "conformance levels"
- Development of software that provides a reference implementation of said hardware
- Development of hardware and software cores that implement said hardware
- Development of compatible replacements for firmware/bios of said hardware, including documentation, tests and validation suites
- Operate in fully transparent manner (including publishing full contributor, expenses and donations/incomes data)
- Make all information, source code and designs available for no cost and liberal licenses (MIT-style)
- Strive to document (and possibly avoid) legal complications arising from implementation of published designs in a 'we are not lawyers' way
This effort is not related to piracy. You will not find binaries/roms here.
Guest Chat / Join our Discord
Document collection at emudev-docs. If you have something that you think should be included please open a merge request. Thank you!
Test collection at emudev-hwtests. If you have something that you think should be included please open a merge request. Thank you!
Emu-Docs Collection. Covers a lot of older hardware, including N64 and PSP.
Emu-Docs github archive. Includes the Emu-Doc site, plus some more
r/EmuDev on reddit. An active emudev community.
r/EmuDev Discord. r/EmuDev's discord server